Constant overeating and lack of physical activity have led to the fact that more than half of the United Kingdome population are overweight or obese.
It is known that obesity leads to development of many serious diseases, decreases quality and length of life. If an obese person cannot reduce his weight through exercise and diet, drug therapy of obesity is recommended.
One of the modern drugs, which is widely used in obesity therapy today, is Belviq. The developer of this drug is a pharmaceutical company Arena Pharmaceuticals founded in the United States, in 1997
The company first applied for Belviq registration in 2010. But then, the U.S. FDA denied the registration referring to insufficient research of the drug safety.
In 2012, after provision of additional information indicating negligible risk of adverse effects, Belviq received the FDA approval and since then is available in the United States.
Belviq is not yet supplied on the UK market. However, obese Britons can order it on the licensed international online pharmacies, which serve customers worldwide.
Purchase of Belviq on online pharmacy allows obese Britons to optimize their costs of treating obesity, because price of Belviq online is lower than at retail pharmacy chains.
For those who are in search of an effective drug to combat extra pounds, Belviq can become a “magic pill” that will help to lose weight and keep it off.
Indications for Belviq use
Those, who thought about purchasing Belviq for the first time, should know that the drug works best when used in conjunction with a low-calorie diet and exercise.
Belviq is recommended for obesity treatment and overweight in adults and elderly patients:
Mechanism of Belviq action
Belviq is a centrally acting drug and its activity is focused on appetite suppression. An active ingredient of Belviq is a selective 5-HT 2C receptor agonist Lorcaserin.
- Efficiency and safety of Lorcaserin application were confirmed in three randomized, placebo-controlled clinical trials
- It was proved that Lorcaserin does not exert a destructive effect on the heart function and prolonged use of the drug (up to 2 years) leads to a significant reduction of body weight
- The mechanism of Belviq action is based on activation of serotonin receptors in the hypothalamus
- It is known that serotonin is responsible not only for emotional state of human, but also regulates appetite.
This result may seem insignificant for some obese patients. However, a moderate reduction of weight by means of Belviq contributes to a comfortable weight loss and improvement of treatment adherence.
Belviq has a favorable tolerability profile and low potential for drug interactions comparing to other drugs for weight loss.
The mechanism of Belviq action (Lorcaserin) is aimed at:
- loss of appetite
- blockage of transmission of hunger signals
- rapid onset of feeling of satiety
Belviq: dosage forms and dosage strengths
Anti-obesity drug comes in oral extended-release tablets (Belviq XR) and immediate-release tablets (Belviq).
For effective and stable weight loss, application of Belviq should be combined with other measures of weight loss, such as a low-fat diet and special program of physical exercises.
Effectiveness of obesity treatment is evaluated 12 weeks after starting therapy. If the patient’s weight is not reduced by at least 5% of the initial weight for this period, stop using Belviq
Experience of Belviq application shows that the drug is well tolerated by obese people, and as a rule, the patient starts to control his appetite and stops to overeat from the first days of obesity treatment.
Studies have shown that Belviq has the highest safety and tolerability profile comparing to other products of this type. However, just as other drugs for obesity treatment, Belviq also has adverse reactions.
Belviq side effects
- When observing recommendations for Belviq use, adverse reactions are reported to be rare and mild
- Side effects most often occur when increasing the maximum tolerated dose (more than 20 mg)
- The most common side effects include anxiety or depression disorders, headache, fatigue, diarrhea or constipation
- Individual features of the body and combined use of Belviq with other drugs also affect the incidence of adverse reactions
- Application of Belviq tablets together with oral antihyperglycemic agents can promote development of hypoglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes
- To avoid decrease in blood glucose level, a dose of antidiabetic drug may need to be adjusted.
Since Belviq is a serotonin 2C receptor agonist, its combined use with MAO inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants may contribute to development of serotonin syndrome.
Clinical studies have shown that Belviq is one of the safest and most effective drugs for weight loss when used correctly.
If dieting and physical activity do not give the desired result, if you find it difficult to overcome the feeling of hunger and constant appetite, Belviq will help you. Do not waste time, order Belviq online and start your path towards slimness and well-being.